Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring agitation

Seems like everyone I know is experiencing some sort of obstacle right now. My impulse is always to back up to when my life seemed obstacle free. So, here is a little painting I did several years ago, before I moved to Michigan, during an obstacle 'lite' time. Ladies Who Lunch was done from a snapshot I took of cows at a branding. In the spring time, I seem to miss Wyoming the most. And, the anniversary of my father's death is just a few days away. I feel like giving myself a little break, but everyone around me seems to be experiencing overwhelming pressures of some sort.

When I painted this picture, I had a structured and reasonably rewarding job, and a stable living situation, so I was painting a couple hours a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment