Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sundial Birdbath with Dragonflies

So, here is a fun thing! Seems like I have had a hard time getting to my own work in the ceramics studio this semester, but finally, here is a completed piece to show. This is a birdbath with a decorative sundial to put in the garden - not sure it
will really work to tell the time, but I thought the little birdies might like to perch on it.

This birdbath about 13 inches in diameter. I drew the dragonflies in brown engobe, and it is glazed with celadon and tenmoku glazes. It was a drape project demonstration for my beginning ceramics class at the community college, but it turned out so nicely, I think I'll make some more.

This one will just have to sit on a table of some sort.I think I'll put some reinforced holes in the rim of the next one I make, so that it can be hung from a tree limb.

No comments:

Post a Comment