Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Summer projects

This summer I will teach some one week pottery classes to middle school kids at a nice non-profit called the Chelsea Center for the Arts near by. We will make garden pots a couple of times - toad houses, stepping stone tiles, sundials, etc. One session will be wall hangings, where the kids will make several tiles with a theme, and connect them together with string or wire after they are fired to make wall hangings and mobiles. The gallery associated with the Center is displaying all the instructors work, so I took some pots over there. Only have a picture of one of them... but it is one of my favorite pots I've made lately. The director of the gallery admired my work and invited me to bring in some more. An excuse to get busy in the studio with some of my own work for a change! Yay! I think I'll start with making a toad house like I'll have the kids do - hopefully that will attract some students' mommies...

No comments:

Post a Comment